NO WHITE FLOUR!
I apologize again for my late post of next week's bonus challenge. I've had a more difficult time than I expected staying organized through the holidays.
I have given us some pretty easy bonus challenges this time around, so next week might be the most difficult bonus yet. For our final week on this sensible lifestyle challenge, we are eating no white flour. There is truly almost no nutritional value to white flour, and we can get much more fiber and nutrition from whole grains. Read food labels and make sure the foods you are eating have only whole grain flours. FYI: "Enriched wheat flour" is white flour. It is contained in pasta, tortillas, bread, rolls, biscuits, and crusts (and probably a number of items I haven't mentioned). You don't have to go totally without, however. Most of these foods can be found in a whole grain version and are especially healthy when you make your own. Get creative. Many people eat this way all the time. Each day that you eat no white flour, you get 5 points for 35 possible bonus challenge points this week. Note: The treats you eat on your sweets day are exempt from this rule.
Contrary to my hopes and intentions, I will not be organizing another health challenge until this summer. Unfortunately, life throws unplanned circumstances at us, including me. I will not be able to run another challenge for a while. If any of you are going to start a challenge, please let me know and I will post information on this blog about health challenges for people to join. Have an amazing and successful final week on this health challenge.
No comments:
Post a Comment